Joomla 4.1 Alpha 2 release allows users to discover the new features introduced to Joomla 4.1 and provides developers with the basis to test their extensions and reporting any issues well before the final release.
|JOOMLA 4.1 PLANNED MILESTONES|
|Alpha 1||28th September 2021||Done|
|Alpha 2||26th October 2021||This Release|
|Alpha 3||23rd November 2021||Planned|
|Beta 1||7th December 2021||Planned|
|Beta 2||21st December 2021||Planned|
|Beta 3||4th January 2022||Planned|
|RC 1||18th January 2022||Planned|
|RC 2||1st February 2022||Planned|
||15th February 2022||Planned|
What’s new in Joomla 4.1?
- Images in the Smart Search results
- Media manager refactoring with action items
- Smart Search: Don't reindex when changing access or publish state
- Media web service implementation
- Remove RIPS analysis step
- Remove static access
- Add Joomla! Accessibility Team to the code owners
- Allow Save As Copy Article In The Frontend
- Log deprecated only when explicitly requested
- Poor man’s cron 3rd attempt
- And more
View the first features that have been committed to version 4.1.
What are the plans for Joomla 4.1?
Joomla! 4.1 just comes to the first phase. There are numerous works that, with your support, might be included in Joomla! 4.1 if they are complete by December 7, 2021:
- UI implementation of child templates > Test here and Test here
- Better support for code highlighting in TinyMCE editor > Test here
- Improvement of language support within articles > Test here
- Enhancement of the Media Manager Web Service > Test here
- Task Scheduler (Web cron) for Joomla > Test here
- Accessibility Checker for authors > More information>
- And more!
These features are not yet ready for release, and whether or not they meet the requirements is seriously dependent on testers and feedback.
Joomla 4 and Joomla 3
There are no plans to release any additional 3.x minor releases until it is absolutely necessary. All feature requests should be aimed at the 4.1 release.
To update your site from Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4, the first step will be to update your site to Joomla 3.10. The Joomla 3.10 The Pre-update Checker will show you which extensions are compatible with Joomla 4.0. And then, you just have to follow the tutorial: How to Upgrade Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 Step by Step.
Follow up all of the news of Joomla 4: