1. Magento 2.0 Compatibility
In order to make your site running smoothly and quickly, you should choose Magento hosting which supports all the Magento 2.0 system requirements as following:
- Apache web server: 2.2 or 2.4
- PHP 5.5.x or PHP 5.6.x
- Required PHP extensions: PDO/MySQL, mbstring, mcrypt, mhash, SimpleXML, curl, xsl,gd, ImageMagick 6.3.7 (or later) or both, SOAP, intl
- MySQL 5.6.x
- The SSH access is another important feature, since it provides the ability to use the Magento 2.0 CLI and Composer.
- Varnish is also a must.
- You can check that your server meets the requirements of Magento 2.0 or not with a little PHP. You can download this tool here and upload the extracted magento-check.php file to your server's root folder and run it by accessing http://example.com/magento-check.php (replacing example.com with your domain name).
Other requirements: With the large stores, you should have 1GB of RAM for each 2500 daily visitors. Also make sure you have at least 512MB available for OS processes and MySQL queries.
2. Hosting Performance
Website's loading speed should be the first priority when choosing hosing of every website owner. Especially, it's certainly one of the most crucial factors for an eCommerce site like Magento. Thus, you should choose the provider who how to create isolated Magento hosting environments.
3. Dedicated Support
It is very vital to select Magento hosting provider that has excellent technical support on hosting problems and common Magento problems. Cause your site might be down by unknown reason, it needs to be checked and fixed as soon as possible. Obviously, if your site is down, it means you will lost your customers and money. Also, be sure your Magento hosting provider provides emergency support if needed.
4. Website Security
Another thing, you should choose the servers with high level of security guarantee. It is the first step to protect your site from hack attacks and customers' access information. We highly recommend you establish a firewall, and filter IPs with high risk countries that you don't intend to sell to.
Last but not least, if you will enlarge your site and sell many products as well as run many marketing promotions to get good traffic to your site, you need to consider your hosting provider is whether or not they fit into your needs in the future.
Hope this information will help you find the best Magento 2 hosting. Which is your favorite hosting provider and what would you like to recommend for beginners? Share your experience by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading!