3. On the next page, click Install Now. Check “I agree to the extension license agreement” and click Get Extension Key. You should be registered on the site to follow these steps.
4. When you are logged in, click the “Select key” button. It will highlight the URL which you will to copy.
5. Log into your Magento admin panel and go to the top menu System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager.
6. It will ask you to re-login with the same details used for the admin panel.
7. On the next page, under Extensions -> Install New Extensions -> Paste extension key to install paste the url you copied and click Install. Then click Proceed.
8. This will install the language package for you. When you see the “cache cleaned successfully” message, open the Magento dashboard page again.
9. Go to System -> Manage Stores. <
10. Click Create Store view
11. Fill all the fields in like this:
12. Click Save Store View. You willseethenew store view added to the list
13. Go to the top menu System -> Configuration.
14. From the Current Configuration Scope on the left select Italian.
15. Under General -> Locale Options -> Locale select Italian (Italy).
16. Click Save Config. 17. Go to the top menu System -> Design.
18. Click Add Design Change at the top right.
19. Under General Settings select Italian for Score and your current themefor Custom Design.
20. Click Save.
21. Clear Magento cache and open the front page of your site. Select the new language from the language box.
22. You template may have custom CMS blocks that you will need to re-create for the new language layout. Go to CMS -> Static Blocks -> Add New Block andre-create the exiting custom blocks like Footer Links, Footer list 1, Footer list 2, Custom tab, header-links etc (depending on your theme). The code can be taken from the existing blocks and changed manually.
23. To avoid the ‘___from_store’ query string from the urls when you switch a different language, in /app/design/frontend/default/template/page/switch/languages.phtml find line 41 and change it from:
Then go to System -> Configuration -> General -> Web in your Magento admin. Then Options -> Add Store Code to Urls -> Yes.
Thanks for reading this!