Joomla! 4 is not intended to provide a massive ground up refactor of Joomla! but intended to give us large functionality improvements with limited backward compatibility breaks.
Primary New Features Introduced to Joomla! 4.0.
- New core UI based on Bootstrap 4
- Use of more Joomla! Framework packages
- Refactored event management system
- Introduction of a service container for global dependency management/injection
- Removal of jQuery from core
- Introduction of Framework agnostic Web Components
- Faster page loading times
Development Features in Joomla! 4.0.
- MVC layer Improvements
- Full code namespacing
- User Interface:
- New Media Manager
- Framework 2.0
Joomla Framework 2.0 Main Features
- New Renderer package providing support for rendering templates with many popular PHP libraries (including Twig, Mustache, and Blade)
- New Console package for building command line applications
- Refactored Cache package providing support for both the PSR-6 and PSR-16 caching interfaces
- Refactored Dependency Injection package, including support for the PSR-11 container interface
- Refactored HTTP package providing support for PSR-7 Requests and Responses
- Refactored Router package
- Refactored Session package
JOOMLA 4.0 BACKEND PREVIEW
We've downloaded and installed the latest Joomla 4.0 Nightly Builds from Joomla Developer. You can take a sneak peek of Joomla 4.0 backend here (click on each image to view the large version).
Admin Control Panel
Create New Article
Left Sidebar Menu
The schedule for this release has not yet been determined.